For example, use social proof . For example, a British tax agency said in their letters that most people pay their taxes on time. This extra message led to higher payment percentages.
Approach people at a point in their journey when they are most open or accessible.
Fogg Behavior Model
This behavioral model was developed by BJ Fogg, an American behavioral scientist. This model contains 3 factors: ability + motivation + prompt.
The model says this: B (behavior ) = MAP . So behavior = motivation * ability * prompt
- How motivated are you to perform the action?
- How easy (ability) is it for you to perform the action?
- Have you been ‘invited’ or ‘remind’ (prompt) to perform the act?
So you see that the ‘motivation’ factor returns here as well. The term ‘ability’ is reminiscent of ‘friction’ of MECLABS and ‘easy’ of the EAST framework. The term ‘prompt’ reminds you of ‘Timely’ from the EAST framework.
Simply put, this model actually tells you that you have to make R&D Directors Email Lists sure that your user is motivated enough, can perform the action easily enough and that the user is specifically asked or reminded about it. The book Online Influence (affiliate) by Bas Wouters and Joris Groen elaborates further on this model.
This model was developed by Chris Goward of Widerfunnel and is useful for landing pages, for example. It consists of 6 factors:
- Value proposition : why would someone buy your product?
- Urgency : how much urgency do you give on your landing page?
- Clarity : how clearly does your value proposition emerge?
- Relevance : does your landing page say what the user expected?
- Distraction : Is there anything on your landing page that could be distracting?
- Fear : Are there elements/components that cause fear or uncertainty?
Here, for example, you see ‘fear’ returning, also named by MECLABS. And ‘urgency’, for example, is reminiscent of ‘timely’ of the EAST Framework.
Take a look at your landing pages. Is all content relevant? What can your user possibly distract from converting? How easy is your landing page to understand?
Where do you think the opportunities lie with you? Still want to make your website easier by increasing the ability of your users? Or reduce friction? Or build in more urgency with, for example, a countdown? So you see that you can tinker with various factors.
Use these 4 help models as inspiration to get started. I’d love to hear your experience with it!
Would you like to know more about influencing according to the BJ Fogg model? The book Online Influence (affiliate) by Bas Wouters and Joris Groen elaborates on this in more detail.